Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL4. More information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Diploma in Facilities Management
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Diploma in Facilities Management requires candidates to meet the University admission requirements as specified.
2. Candidates for the Diploma in Facilities Management shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling 120 credits, comprising:
(a) courses listed in the Schedule for the diploma;
(b) attending contact workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials and laboratories as required.
3. The Diploma in Facilities Management is awarded without an endorsement.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Diploma in Facilities Management may be awarded with distinction if completed in one year of full-time study or three years of part-time study.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes. Candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of the Academic Board, be awarded the Certificate in Science and Technology should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
Schedule for the Diploma in Facilities Management
Compulsory Courses (120 credits from)
115.111 Strategic Workplace Communication 15 credits
218.102 Construction Technology & Services I 15 credits
218.106 Construction Health, Safety & Wellbeing 15 credits
218.141 Introduction to Facilities Management 15 credits
218.143 Asset Management 15 credits
218.146 Facility Management Planning 15 credits
218.147 Workplace Management 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Wednesday 01 September 2021