Follow us on social media
Tag your posts with #masseyuni for your chance to be featured on our social media channels. You can follow the university on:
International students can also follow our Massey University International Students Facebook page.
Our social media channels are places where our communities can engage with us about life at Massey.
We have guidelines to make sure we foster healthy social communities. Please be respectful of others. We encourage constructive conversation but content must be appropriate and audience friendly.
Content posted by our community members does not reflect the view of Massey, our employees or our affiliates. Links on our social media channels may go to third party websites and we are not responsible for the content on those sites.
We have the right to remove (without warning) any content posted to our social media channels which:
- is in violation of the platform’s terms and conditions
- is in violation of any New Zealand legislation
- contains harassment, bullying, violence, threats or intimidation
- links to essay writing services or other services encouraging academic misconduct
- is spam or similar messages posted by the same accounts multiple times
- is in violation of someone’s privacy or the intellectual property right of another
- is in violation of any copyright, image or trademark laws
- is fraudulent, deceptive or misleading (including content from fake profiles)
- includes solicitation such as selling goods or services, advertising a business, or requesting community support without our endorsement, including external surveys and petitions, for example `Sign my petition', `Win a free iPad', `Like our Page'
- is otherwise offensive or inappropriate.
If you offend you may be banned from contributing to our social media channels depending on the severity and impact of the content. We accept no liability for any loss arising out of or in connection with any such removal.
Academic freedom is a core value of Massey. We actively promote and uphold the right of academics to offer informed views and opinions in their areas of expertise. To best represent our entire community and preserve this academic freedom, our social media accounts will not typically take a position on academic discussions.
Social media competitions and giveaways terms and conditions
The terms and conditions for our social media competitions and giveaways are as follows:
- In entering into any competition advertised by Massey University through any social media platform (“the Competition”) you accept and agree to these competition terms.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any social media channels used by Massey University including Facebook, Instagram, Shuttlerock, YouTube, Twitter, or LinkedIn. By entering this Competition, you release all social media channels from any liability relating to this Competition.
- Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged or redeemed for cash. Massey University takes no responsibility for prizes that are lost or destroyed.
- Massey University may change, extend or amend or cancel the Competition at any time. These Competition terms are subject to change.
- To the extent permitted by law, Massey University excludes any liability it may have to you arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this Competition.
- The winner will receive the prize that is advertised. Massey University accepts no responsibility or liability for any winner’s enjoyment of any prize or any other costs and expenses that may be incurred by the winner relating to the prize or the winner’s enjoyment of that prize.
- The information that you provide to enter this Competition through any social media channel will be managed in accordance with the relevant platform’s terms and conditions. Massey University will also use this information for the purposes of administering the Competition. You have the right to access and request correction of the information held by Massey University.
- If submitting content as part of this Competition, you agree to keep content respectful. Content in breach of social media community guidelines will not be included in the Competition. Massey University reserves the right to determine what constitutes inappropriate content and exclude entries from the Competition.
- If you are the winner, you consent to the use of your name, likeness, image/video, for promotional and marketing purposes in any media, without further payment or consideration.
- If after three reasonable attempts to contact the winner have been made, the Competition Period has ended and the winner is still unavailable, the prize will be forfeited, and a new winner will be selected or the prize will be withdrawn.