AFS NZ Global Competence Certificate
Do you want to make friends with people from around the world while advancing your studies and fast-tracking your personal growth? Then the AFS NZ Global Competence Certificate is here to help you do just that.
Even though we can’t easily travel right now, being a global citizen is still important. By taking part in the AFS Global Competence Programme you will be able to develop the knowledge, skills and understanding you need to live, study, and prepare to work globally in the 21st century.
This one-of-a-kind online programme is all about connecting you with other students from different cultures to become part of a global community of learners, so when the world starts moving again you’ll have the skills you need to kick-start your future and make your mark on the world.
GCC has two streams. For upcoming dates and course prices, click on the stream link that’s right for you:
I have had my 18th birthday
I'm not 18 yet
What will I learn?
You will explore:
- How to be a global citizen by:reflecting on your own personal and cultural experiences; recognising and understanding patterns of behaviour and values of people from different cultural contexts; learning and applying effective strategies to deal with unfamiliar situations
- How to be part of a global community of people, passionate about making a difference
- How to avoid jumping to conclusions
- ….and so much more!
- You must be able to undertake the programme (approx. 5-7 hours of online learning a week).
- Attend online taught dialogue sessions over the course, led by a Massey University teacher.
- You must actively participate in the taught and self-directed sessions, making the most of this opportunity.
- Be ready to build new relationships, make life-long friends, learn, ask questions, be creative, work in a team environment, and most importantly, have fun!
What is the programme like?
The programme is a mix of self-paced animated videos, taught sessions, interactive quizzes, and assignments to help you reflect and learn, including a closed forum for connecting and sharing.
The course will be run through Massey University, and the curriculum has been developed by AFS Intercultural Programs. AFS are international experts in developing global citizens.
I’m a teacher, can I sign up more than one student?
Yes! If you would like to sign up multiple students, then email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss options with you.
Or students can sign up individually using the links near the top of the page.
Page authorised by Manager, Events
Last updated on Wednesday 31 March 2021