BackStudent exchange programme
Massey University's Student Exchange Programme
Semester 2, 2021 exchanges suspended
Exchanges scheduled for Semester 2, 2021 have been suspended. Students planning to go on exchange during Semester 2 should defer their applications to Semester 1 2022. We will confirm the status of Semester 1 exchanges on 15 September 2021.
Student Exchange Design Competition
Got an idea for our new t-shirt and hoodie? Submit your design through 9 April and be in to win an iPad and have your design worn across the world by Massey exchange students.
200+ Universities. 25 Countries. $0 More in tuition.
Hundreds of other Massey students, just like you, have studied at one of our world-class partner universities in Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Asia, and Australia as part of their Massey degrees.
Student exchange allows you to:
- Study overseas for one or two semesters at one of Massey's partner universities.
- Pay your regular Massey tuition fees (60 credits per semester).
- Continue to receive your StudyLink loan and/or allowances.
- Earn Massey credit for the courses you study overseas.
- All our partners offer courses in English.
- Enjoy an overseas experience without delaying the completion of your degree.
Click on the image below to watch a presentation about exchange and hear from two students about their experiences studying overseas.
Student Exchange is open to domestic, international and distance students from all Massey subject areas except for Construction, Nursing, Social Work and Veterinary Science due to the structure of these degrees.
To be considered for the Exchange Programme, undergraduate students must:
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor or Bachelor with Honours (360 - 480 credits.)
- Expect to complete one year (120 credits) of study at Massey prior to departing on exchange. You can apply for exchange before you've met this requirement.
- Have a 5.0 (B) grade point average across all your Massey courses.
At least 30 credits at the 300 level in your major and 15 credits at the 300 level in your minor must be completed at Massey. Your other 300 level credits can be earned while on exchange.
Your grade point average must continue to meet the minimum requirement until you depart for your exchange.
requirements for Master's students
- Completion of your undergraduate degree at Massey University with a minimum of a 5.0 (B) grade point average across all your Massey courses.
- Be enrolled in a Master's degree (180 or 240 credits) at Massey University.
- You must have permission from the Director of Teaching and Learning in your College and the supervisor of your postgraduate programme.
Master's students are limited to one semester of exchange. You must complete the exchange during the first year of the programme.
Student Exchange on Facebook
Connect with other Massey students who have been or are considering going on exchange, receive programme updates, and see posts from our overseas partner institutions on our Outbound Student Exchange Facebook page.
If you are an overseas student interested in studying at Massey University on exchange, please visit our Study Abroad website.
Page authorised by Director, International Office
Last updated on Friday 12 March 2021