Academic records and completion letters
There are two types of academic documents you can order digitally or in hard copy from Massey:
- academic records, also known as your academic transcript
- completion letters when you have finished a qualification.
We recommend you wait until your grades are published before ordering these documents so your grades for completed courses are not blank. We can hold your order until your grades are published if you order hard copies.
Your academic record shows all the courses you have enrolled in and your grades, including:
- pass and fail grades
- courses you withdrew from without getting an academic penalty
- courses you did not complete.
In some cases it will also show if you can graduate with Massey qualifications, or qualifications you have already graduated with.
Your record will also show:
- credits for prior learning
- awards and scholarships
- any exclusions you may have received.
Historical records from other universities are not shown.
Your completion letter proves you can or have graduated with an individual qualification. It shows the:
- qualification, including any majors, minors or endorsements
- study start and end dates
- campus where you studied
- date you can graduate or when the qualification was awarded
- the language your qualification was taught in.
Digital academic documents
We provide free certified digital copies of academic records and completion letters through My eQuals. My eQuals is an online credentials service that allows academic documents to be digitally certified, securely stored and shared.
If you have graduated since 2010 in most cases a digital version of your graduation certificate will already be available in My eQuals. When the certificate was uploaded you would have received an email from My eQuals asking you to register with them.
Ordering digital documents
To order digital academic documents log in to the student portal and go to the Results and exams tab.
Once your documents are ready you'll get an email and instructions about how to access them from My eQuals.
Required PDF reader
To authenticate your documents you need to open them using Adobe Acrobat Reader
Sharing digital documents
To share a document you can email the person or organisation a link to the specific document in My eQuals. Or you can download a pdf of the document and then upload it or attach it to an email.
Other universities who are using My eQuals
Over 47 Australian and New Zealand universities are using and accepting digital academic documents uploaded to My eQuals. For a list of universities see the My eQuals website.
Hard copies of academic documents
Charges apply for hard copies of academic documents. For details see non-tuition fees.
Ordering hard copies
Follow these instructions to order hard copies.
Select the Results and exams tab and then the Order academic documents link.
Select Submit my order.
Select Order hard copy documents.
Your documents will be ready in up to ten working days.
You can choose to have your order delivered by post or courier, or you can collect it from a campus.
- Within New Zealand: Up to five working days (extra for rural deliveries)
- International: Up to 10 working days
- Within New Zealand: Up to two working days
- International: Up to three working days
Palmerston North College of Education and Wellington Polytechnic records
The Palmerston North College of Education (PNCOE) (also known as Teachers College) merged with Massey in 1996. The Wellington Polytechnic merged with Massey in 1999.
If you have a Massey student ID you can order digital or hard copies of records as above. If you don't have a Massey student ID please contact us.
If you don't have a Massey student ID:
- your PNCOE records will be available in up to 15 working days
- your Wellington Polytechnic records will be available in up to 20 working days.
Document concerns and corrections
If you have concerns or questions about your documents, need corrections or can't see your documents in My eQuals, please contact us.