This scholarship is funded by the George Mason Charitable Trust. Dr George Mason is a Taranaki philanthropist and retired scientist.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for candidates who are undertaking postgraduate research in the areas of durable resource management as affected by land use.
What you'll be studying
This is a postgraduate scholarship. You will be studying towards a PhD or master's programme. You will be undertaking research that promotes sustainable land use, especially in relation to agriculture, forestry and/or conservation.
You will be:
- studying full-time
- studying in a specific subject area
- an enrolled Massey University student
- undertaking research relevant to land use in Taranaki.
Include the following with your application:
- your academic transcripts for any tertiary study completed outside of Massey University
- an outline of your proposed research, illustrating how this research meets the scholarship intention. You should make a case for how your research is relevant to sustainable use of land in Taranaki for agriculture, forestry, or conservation
- a copy of your Massey University transcripts and current enrolment. You can download your Study History Report from the Student Portal, under ‘Results and Exams’.
When choosing our recipient, we will consider the strength of your case for how your project is relevant to the sustainable use of land in Taranaki for agriculture, forestry and/or conservation. Preference may be given to those undertaking at least part of their studies in Taranaki.