This scholarship is supported by the combined funds derived from the William Millar Bequest, the Sir Walter Buchanan Endowment and the William Massey Memorial Trust. These funds were amalgamated in 2000 to support postgraduate research in agriculture.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone who wants to make a significant contribution through scientific endeavour to the primary industries in New Zealand.
What you'll be studying
This is a postgraduate scholarship. You will want to or be studying a postgraduate degree or diploma with a focus on agriculture or horticulture.
You must be:
- studying full-time
- a New Zealand citizen or resident
- studying in a specific subject area.
Include the following with your application:
- your academic transcripts for any tertiary study completed outside of Massey University
- a statement on how receiving this scholarship would be of benefit to you and your study, and how you believe you meet the intentions of this award, including how you will contribute through scientific endeavour to the primary industries in New Zealand
- a copy of your Massey University transcripts/current enrolment. You can download your Study History Report from the Student Portal, under ‘Results and Exams’.
When choosing our recipient, we will consider your academic achievements. We may also consider other scholarships or bursaries you hold.