This scholarship was established in 2017 by Peter Densem from Tauranga marking the year he turned 100. Mr Densem was a teacher and principal and served in World War II as a Fleet Air Arm navigator.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for talented, high-achieving students who would otherwise struggle to pay for their study.
What you'll be studying
This is a postgraduate scholarship. You will already have completed your first year of study towards a PhD or a 240-credit master’s degree with a focus on agriculture or horticulture.
- be studying full-time
- be studying in a specific subject area
- have completed the first year of your programme
- be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- have a grade average as outlined in this award's regulations
Include the following with your application:
- your academic transcripts for any tertiary study completed outside of Massey University
- a letter of reference from your supervisor or former employer testifying to your work ethic
- a personal statement outlining your current financial need and how this scholarship would help you
- a copy of your Massey University transcripts/current enrolment. You can download your Study History Report from the Student Portal, under ‘Results and Exams’.
When choosing our recipients, we will consider your academic achievements, work ethic and financial need.