The ACTIVEating and paediatric communication clinic is at capacity
The ACTIVEating and paediatric communication clinic is at capacity until 2024 and we are unable to take any new referrals at this time.
We are still taking adult referrals; please complete the referral form via the link on this page and contact Annabel Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we do
The friendly, specialist team at Massey's Speech-language Therapy Clinic in Auckland helps adults and children with a range of communication and eating difficulties.
Areas we work in include:
- speech and language delays and disorders in children
- eating and drinking difficulties in young children and adults
- communication difficulties following stroke, dementia, and other brain related changes
- voice work (such as quality, pitch or volume)
- stuttering and fluency.
ACTIVEating for reluctant eaters
Our ACTIVEating programme helps children who are very reluctant eaters to consume a wider variety of food. The course runs for 8 to 12 weeks and we tailor it to parents' or caregivers' goals.
Do you live outside Auckland? We may be able to offer you online speech and language therapy via video link.
Contact us by phone or email to find out more.
Costs and payments
Fees are in New Zealand dollars and include GST.
- Individual session (50 minutes): $35
- Community Services Card holder: $22
- Senior citizen: $18
- Individual or small group therapy: $35 per session (8 to 12 sessions)
- Community Service Card holders: $22 per session
- One-off food fee: $120. Fee must be paid at the start of therapy
- Dietitian consultation: $35 ($22 with Community Services Card)
Stuttering Clinic costs
- One hour session: $60
- Half-hour session: $30
Apply for treatment
We welcome applications from people of all ages and backgrounds who experience speech, language, eating and drinking, voice, stuttering, or other communication difficulties.
Fill out a form for yourself or a member of your family. We will contact you to discuss next steps.
Request adult speech-language therapy services for yourself or another adult.
ACTIVEating programme applications
To apply for a place in the ACTIVEating programme complete the Request ACTIVEating services form.
Who we are
"Thank you for the warm welcome and for building such a friendly atmosphere. We feel blessed and grateful to have found you all."
– Janet, whose 10-year-old daughter needed help with restrictive eating
"The students were able to observe me and come up with fun and interesting games that helped me to follow directions and stay on track — something that has been a huge problem since having aphasia."
– Karlene, online therapy client
Speech-language Therapy students carry out assessments and therapy at the clinic and in the community, supervised by our highly qualified staff. By coming here, you are helping them to learn.
Evidence-based clinical practice underpins all our work.
We work closely with community groups and health professionals around New Zealand.
- Adult communication groups
- Dietitians at Massey's School of Sport, Exercise and Nutrition
- District Health Boards
- Early childhood centres and primary schools
- Ministry of Education
- NZ Speech-language Therapists’ Association
Massey University Auckland
Innovation Complex (IC 2.40), University Avenue
East Precinct, Auckland campus, Albany
- Enter via Gate 1 off Albany Highway.
- Parking is available outside the building.
Innovation Complex, University Avenue, East Precinct, Auckland campus