Athletes, sports teams and the public can book for tests at our laboratory on Massey's Auckland campus in Albany.
What we do
Our laboratory staff have experience across many sports, athletes and occupations.
Sport and exercise students learn and practice at this laboratory.
Physiological tests we provide include:
- VO2 max and peak testing
- functional power
- lactate and ventilatory thresholds
- lactate steady state
- exercise economy
- Wingate and aerobic peak power testing
- strength assessment
- heart rate monitoring
- resting metabolic rate
- haemodynamic status
- wide range of sport-specific performance tests
- state of the art body composition assessments.
Our range of research and testing equipment includes:
- online gas analysis – Sensormedics Vmax, Moxus and Cosmed
- cycle ergometers – Velotron, Lode, Monark, Cateye
- rowing ergometer – Concept II
- treadmills – Woodway, True
- upper body ergometer – Monark Rehab Trainer
- Biodex isokinetic dynamometer
- Uscom non-invasive hemodynamics
- Schiller ECG monitoring – Polar heart rate monitors
- LactatePro II blood lactate analyser
- body composition – DXA, 3D technology, Bodpod, Peapod, bioelectrical impedence.
Laboratory and field fitness testing is available, including sport-specific performance tests
We are based in the Auckland Recreation Centre building on the East Precinct campus on Albany Expressway, Auckland.
1 University Ave Gate 1 - Massey University - East Precinct, Albany Expressway, Albany, Auckland 0632, New Zealand
Book a test
To find out about testing, pricing information and to book a test or facilities, contact David Rowlands: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay for your booking
You can pay for your booking using online banking, or by credit and debit card.
Contact the Sport and Exercise Science Research Laboratory – Auckland
Access to the Sport and Exercise Science Research Laboratory for testing is arranged on an individual basis.