Athletes, sports teams and the public can book for tests at our laboratory on Massey's Manawatū campus in Palmerston North.
The Human Performance Laboratory in Palmerston North can evaluate performance for a wide range of sports and occupational activities.
Sport and exercise students also learn and practice at this laboratory.
Our research and testing equipment includes:
- TurboFit online gas analysis system
- Biodex isokinetic dynamometer
- Grunt 3000 – rugby specific dynamometer
- cycle ergometers – Lode and Monark
- Concept II rowing ergometer
- Payne treadmill – suits all athletes including wheelchair athletes and skaters
- EMG multi-channel muscle activity recording
- LactateProII blood lactate analyser
- laboratory and field fitness testing including anthropometry and assessment of body composition.
Tests and reporting
Tests we do include:
- VO2 max and lactate threshold testing
- lactate threshold testing only (no gas analysis)
- VO2 max testing only
- heat acclimation
- heart rate max test (incremental test using only the heart rate monitor)
- basal metabolic rate
- Biodex strength testing
- height, weight, girth measurements and skin folds.
We offer confidential reporting.
We are located on the Manawatū campus in Palmerston North, on the corner of Albany Drive and Collinson Road.
University Avenue, Manawatu-Wanganui 4472, New Zealand
We offer competitive rates. Contact us for more information.
Contact us by email to make a booking or get more information about your sport and our rates.
Human Performance Laboratory – Manawatū
Access to the Human Performance Laboratory for testing is arranged on an individual basis.
Human Performance Laboratory
Practical Teaching Complex
Corner of Albany Drive and Collinson Road