The Wellington region is at Alert Level 2. Massey COVID-19 information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
- Help using the Massey University Calendar
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Arts
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Arts requires that the candidate will have:
(a) met the University admission requirements as specified;
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Māori Visual Arts, or equivalent with a grade average of at least a B, or equivalent;
(c) been selected into the Diploma following a selection process which will include the assessment of a portfolio of work submitted by the candidate and, at the discretion of Academic Board or their delegate, an interview.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Arts shall follow a flexible course of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) courses selected from the Schedule to the Diploma;
(b) attending contact courses, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Arts is awarded without endorsement.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Arts may be awarded with distinction or merit.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board or their delegate, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Creative Arts should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
Schedule for the Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Arts
120 credits from
213.411 Fine Arts Special Topic IV 15 credits
P Appraisal Required
213.464 Art in Context 15 credits
P 75 credits at 300-level
213.465 Exhibition 15 credits
C (198.454 or 198.455 or 212.454 or 212.455 or 213.442 or 221.454 or 221.455 or 222.454 or 222.455 or 223.454 or 223.455 or 224.454 or 224.455) or Permission Head of School
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 17 September 2020