Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL4. More information.
Sport and Exercise Science Research Laboratory - Auckland campus
The Sport and Exercise Science Research Laboratory offers a physiological and biomechanical analysis for a wide range of sport and occupational activities. Laboratory staff have experience with a wide range of sports, athletes and occupations.
The range of research and testing equipment includes:
- VO2 max and peak testing with on-line gas analysis systems
- Lactate, lactate steady state, exercise economy and ventilatory threshold measurement using a range of ergometers
- Strength assessment using Biodex Isokinetic Dynamometer
- Wingate and power assessment
- Cycle Ergometers include Veletron, Cateye, Lode and Monark
- Rowing Ergometer: Concept II
- Treadmill: Woodway suits all athletes including wheelchair athletes
- Upper Body Ergometer: Monark Rehab Trainer
- Blood Lactate analysers: LactatePro
- Heart rate monitoring: Polar heart rate monitors
Laboratory and field fitness testing including anthropometry and assessment of body composition using state of the art DXA and 3D technology also available.
Enquire now for your sport
For more information, contact Wendy O'Brien
The Sport and Exercise Science Research Laboratory is located in the Recreation Centre building on the East Precinct campus on Albany Expressway.
SSEN Online Payment
Payment details must include your initials and the following code:
By direct credit to bank account:
Account No: 020630 0016592 00
Account Name: MASSEY UNIVERSITY
Bank: BANK OF NEW ZEALAND
Or by credit card using the form below
SSEN credit/debit card payment form
Welcome to the SSEN facility credit/debit card payment form
All payments are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD) and include GST
For help and enquiries, please contact:
Wendy O'Brien - W.J.OBrien@massey.ac.nz
Page authorised by Head of School of Sport and Exercise
Last updated on Wednesday 21 April 2021