Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
Your Research Data
Decide how to organise, store, preserve and share your data safely and effectively.
Manage Your Research Data
Publish and Share Your Research Data
- Includes cultural data
Preserve Your Research Data
Page authorised by University Librarian
Last updated on Monday 28 June 2021
Manage Your Research Data Tool Kit
- Create & Manage Data (UK Data Archive)
- Data Management Plans (Digital Curation Centre)
- Digital Storage Options
- Disciplinary Metadata
- Guide to Writing "Readme" Style Metadata
Publish and Share Your Research Data Tool Kit
- Checklist: is it the right repository for your data?
- Data citation (Australian National Data Service (ANDS))
- Recommended data repositories (for scientific data - from Nature.com)
- Registry of research data repositories: browse by subject, content type, or country (Re3data.org)
Preserve Your Research Data Tool Kit
- File formats (Australian National Data Service (ANDS))
- Preserving information (National Archives of Australia)
Contact a Subject Librarian
Your first point of contact in the library for RDM guidance, training opportunities and practical support. Subject librarians also provide personal research help by email, phone, or appointment.
Research Development Team
Data management (funder retention requirements) advice for current and future research projects.