What we do
The Nutrition and Dietetic Centre in Auckland provides sound, practical nutritional advice backed by science and research.
We offer personalised nutritional advice and assessments and nutrition education talks.
We translate the science of nutrition into clear and practical messages, helping you navigate the supermarket aisles and plan meals that are right for your health, your family and your budget.
Choose from a range of services for:
- specific health issues e.g., irritable bowel syndrome, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and coeliac disease
- healthy eating and dietary balance
- weight management: underweight, overweight and obesity
- women’s health e.g., menopause, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), preconception and pregnancy
- men’s health
- dietary balance for vegetarians and vegans
- sports nutrition
- early years nutrition and starting solids.
Costs and payment
Fees are in New Zealand dollars and include GST.
Initial consultation (60 minutes)
- $60 for a student-led consultation with a New Zealand registered dietitian supervising
- $160 for a New Zealand registered dietitian-led consultation with a student observing
Review consultation (30 minutes)
- $30 for a student-led consultation with a dietitian supervising
- $80 for a dietitian-led consultation with a student observing
- Credit/debit card – secure payment form.
- Invoices can be provided on request for insurance purposes and can be paid using credit, debit or bank transfer.
Book an appointment
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone: +64 9 414 0800 extension 43653
We accept self-referrals and referrals from GPs and other healthcare professionals for nutrition-related medical and non-medical conditions. You will need a Procare GP referral for free Type 2 diabetes consultations.
What to expect
The first consultation gives you the chance to tell your story. We will discuss your:
- medical history
- weight history
- eating patterns and behaviours.
You will be emailed a pre-consultation questionnaire to complete prior to your first visit and will be asked to keep a three-day food and mood diary.
We take into account your current weight, lifestyle and personal goals to create a bespoke lifestyle plan that is realistic and achievable. Supporting information such as recipes and hand-outs will be provided.
Follow-up sessions allow for plan modification and help keep you on track. Each session gives us the chance to concentrate on a particular aspect of your diet and lifestyle.
Contract of care
Additional services including body composition analysis, supermarket tours, menu reviews, seminars and workshops are available.
ACTIVEating for reluctant eaters
Massey University's Speech Language Therapy Clinic offers the ACTIVEating programme for children who are very reluctant eaters. The course runs for 8 to 12 weeks, and the specialist team tailor it to the family's goals.
Dietitian consultations within the ACTIVEating programme are student-led and charged at $35.
Find out about ACTIVEating programme costs and how to apply for this service.
Allergy/Intolerance Clinic with Grafton Specialist — Allergies Ltd
Specialist dietitian-led clinics for food allergies and intolerances are available in collaboration with Grafton Specialist — Allergies Ltd (Auckland) on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
Costs are $250 for the initial consultation and $125 for the review.
Contact Grafton Specialist — Allergies Ltd to book an appointment.
Body Composition Analysis — Fit3D
The Nutrition and Dietetic Centre offer a new standard in body assessment. The Fit3D body scanner shows what your body looks like in 3D.
With Fit3D, you can:
- analyse your posture and track your balance — ideal for injury prevention
- track your weight and body composition — see how your body is changing over time
- access your results online and on the app.
Eating disorders with NZ Eating Disorders Clinic
Specialist dietitian-led clinics for eating disorders are available in collaboration with NZ Eating Disorders Clinic (Freemans Bay, Auckland) on Tuesday mornings.
Costs are $230 to $340 for the 60 to 90-minute initial consultation and then $138 to $207 for the 30 to 50-minute review.
Contact New Zealand Eating Disorders Clinic to book an appointment.
Who we are
Booking and administration
Education and research
Associate Professor Kathryn Beck
Associate Professor Cathryn Conlon
Professor Rozanne Kruger
Professor Pamela von Hurst
Professor Carol Wham
Student-led consultations by Massey University dietetic students are under the supervision of a New Zealand Registered Dietitian. All students are qualified nutritionists. They have already completed three years of undergraduate study in nutrition, with some also majoring in psychology or sport and exercise.
The students involved at the Nutrition and Dietetic Centre are first- or second-year students enrolled in the Nutrition and Dietetics two-year master's degree.
Our dietetic students do internships in various organisations, including Health New Zealand hospitals. As a result, they undergo police vetting and are reference-checked and screened under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014.
They also go through strict health screening in line with hospital policies. All the students also comply with professional conduct and confidentiality requirements under the Health Information Privacy Code 1994 and the Privacy Act 1993.
Our clinic room is on the Massey University (Auckland) East Precinct campus, Gate 1, 151 Dairy Flat Hwy, Albany. You will receive driving directions and parking information when you book your consultation.
Get maps to the Auckland campus