Helping New Zealanders become financially empowered to achieve a better quality of life
- The Fin-Ed Centre
- Our courses
- Our courses
- Your Pathway to Financial Success
- Fundamentals of Managing Your Finances
- Understanding Your Financial World
- Facilitating Personal Financial Management
- Teaching Personal Financial Management (Educators)
- Money Smarts @ Work
- Anti Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT)
- Financial Capability (Practitioners)
- Financial Capability Practitioners Financial Capability (Practitioners) Registration
- About us
- Conferences and Events
Facilitating Personal Financial Management
Facilitating Personal Financial Management is a professional development certificate course designed to provide facilitation skills to people who will be presenting or facilitating personal financial management in group or one-to-one situations.
The course provides educators/facilitators with the practical skills for facilitating sessions and workshops on managing personal finances.
The course consists of a contact day and online learning.
The course can be tailored for organisations enrolling a group of participants.
The course is open for registrations throughout the year.
At the successful completion of the course participants will be able to:
- understand national and international trends in financial literacy
- review current practices/models of delivery for financial literacy in the context of specific audiences
- apply principles of learning
- employ facilitation tools and techniques
- develop a model of embedding financial literacy in current practice
- assess learning/progress
- facilitate sessions on personal financial management
Intending participants who do not have a high level of financial literacy may take advantage of the extended version of this course which includes the teaching of personal financial management concepts.
Participants will need to have access to learners/audience so that the practical skills learned in this course can be applied. Participants will be encouraged to develop their individual portfolio of facilitation activities.
There are no entry requirements. Participants do not need a university entrance qualification. Extent of prior knowledge of personal financial management concepts will determine whether participants undertake the extended version of the course or be directed to other Fin-Ed courses.
Mode of delivery
The course will be delivered over 10-12 weeks as follows:
- minimum of one day face-to-face training and up to 12 weeks online learning
The course will be self-contained and all course material will be provided.
Coursework will require approximately three to five hours, but not more than five hours, per week.
The work will not be assessed or examined but course participants are expected to complete all the required course readings and show that they have completed the required activities, i.e.
- attendance at the three compulsory contact days
- completion of the required on-line course readings
- demonstration that all the required activities, including maintaining a reflective journal and developing a session plan, have been completed
Successful participants will be awarded a Certificate of Participation in Facilitating Personal Financial Management.
$850 per person (incl GST)
Nb: The course fee above is based on an individual participant.
For larger groups from any organisation, a special rate can be negotiated.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Thursday 25 March 2021