Helping New Zealanders become financially empowered to achieve a better quality of life
- The Fin-Ed Centre
- Our courses
- Our courses
- Your Pathway to Financial Success
- Fundamentals of Managing Your Finances
- Understanding Your Financial World
- Facilitating Personal Financial Management
- Teaching Personal Financial Management (Educators)
- Money Smarts @ Work
- Anti Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT)
- Financial Capability (Practitioners)
- Financial Capability Practitioners Financial Capability (Practitioners) Registration
- About us
- Conferences and Events
Teaching Personal Financial Management (Educators)
Teaching Personal Financial Management (Educators) is a professional development certificate course that will equip educators to teach personal financial management and embed financial literacy in their teaching programmes. The course presents educators with the underlying adult learning theories, learning styles, models and strategies for teaching financial literacy, monitoring and evaluation of financial literacy programmes.
The course will be delivered via a contact day and online. Organisations enrolling a group of participants may negotiate for the course to be tailored to their organisation.
The course is open for registrations throughout the year.
At the successful completion of the course participants will be able to:
- understand national and international trends in financial literacy and its place in the national curriculum
- review current practices/models of teaching financial literacy
- apply principles of learning
- employ teaching tools and techniques
- develop a model of embedding financial literacy in related subjects
- assess learning/progress
- teach personal financial management
Participants will need to have access to learners/audience so that the practical skills learned in this course can be applied. Participants will be encouraged to develop their individual portfolio of teaching resources and activities.
There are no entry requirements. Participants do not need a university entrance qualification. Prior knowledge of personal financial management concepts will be an advantage.
Mode of delivery
The course will be delivered over 10-12 weeks as follows:
- minimum of one day face-to-face training and up to 12 weeks online learning.
The course will be self-contained and all course material will be provided.
Coursework will require approximately three to five hours, but not more than five hours, per week.
The work will not be assessed or examined but course participants are expected to complete all the required course readings and show that they have completed the required activities, i.e.
- attendance at the three compulsory contact days
- completion of the required on-line course readings
- demonstration that all the required activities, including maintaining a reflective journal and developing a session plan, have been completed
Successful participants will be awarded a Certificate of Participation in Teaching Personal Financial Management (Educators).
$850 per person (incl GST)
Nb: The course fee above is based on an individual participant.
For larger groups from any organisation, a special rate can be negotiated.
Nb: Enrolments for this course open July 2021.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 27 April 2021