The ROAM Study
The ROAM (Researching Osteoarthritis and Greenshell™ Mussels) Study is looking at the effects of Greenshell™ Mussel (GSM) intake on early signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis, and other health outcomes associated with osteoarthritis including inflammation, inflammatory diets and nutritional and lifestyle risk factors.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for 320 male and female volunteers to participate in this study. To take part you should:
- Be between 55-80yrs
- Early signs of what might be knee osteoarthritis (creaky/painful knees) without a diagnosis or an osteoarthritis diagnosis but not taking regulation medications
- Not regularly (more than approximately once per week) taking medications which may affect joint health and/or pain.
- No history of trauma to knee or hip joints
- No allergies to seafood
- Proficient in English (due to the nature of questionnaires)
How do I take part?
- Please read the full information sheet available through the link below.
- If you are still interested please complete the registration form and we will contact you with a further screening questionnaire shortly.
Page authorised by Head of School, School of Food and Nutrition
Last updated on Thursday 22 April 2021
Register your interest