Cost$292/$309 per week$292/$309per week
FurnitureFully furnishedFully furnished
Ideal for21–26 year olds or returning residents21–26year olds or returning residents
Walking time2 minutes to campus centre2 minutesto campus centre
- Modern, furnished, single-occupancy bedrooms in 4 or 5 bedroom apartments.
- 2 shared bathrooms per apartment, plus furnished shared living area and fully equipped kitchen.
- Suitable for second-year/returning students, or new students aged 21–26.
- Self-catered — do your own cooking in the kitchen provided.
- Wifi included everywhere.
- Close to student facilities, including Student Central, the library, lecture theatres and REC centre, and buses to Auckland central city.
- Based in the Te Ōhanga Village, with facilities and common areas nearby in Te Rito hub, including TV lounge, laundry, patio, study and games rooms.
- Accommodation is available for students with accessibility requirements.
Rooms and furniture
Each apartment contains 4 or 5 bedrooms, in small or large size. Each bedroom is for just one person. The shared living room and kitchen are fully equipped with everything needed for comfortable communal living, and cooking at home.
Apartment shared areas include:
- sofas, dining table and chairs, TV and coffee table
- full kitchen with cooktop, oven, combined fridge and freezer, microwave, toaster, jug, pots, pans and utensils
- vacuum, broom, dustpan and brush, ironing board and iron.
Each apartment bedroom includes:
- king single bed, mattress and mattress protector
- desk, shelf, drawers, pinboard and desk chair
- wardrobe with mirror and drawers
Items you should bring
Along with clothing and personal items, you should also bring:
- your own bedding and towels (or you can buy a bedding and towel pack for $125)
- coat hangers
- electric fan for cooling your room
- 3M hooks/tape or white tac, if you wish to hang anything on your wall (no tape, nails, screws or blu tac allowed).
Each apartment has two bathrooms, with showers (but no bath).
These apartments are self-catered — you do your own shopping and cooking. As flatmates, you can decide together if you’ll eat separately, or share food and cooking responsibilities.
Communal spaces and facilities
Te Rito is the social and facilities hub used by all the residents in Te Ōhanga Village. It includes the reception, a study room, lounge with Smart TV, casual dining spaces, vending machines for snacks, music room, and games room with pool table, table tennis, foosball, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
There is also an outdoor patio area with bicycle rack, barbecues, seating, a basketball hoop and community garden.
Washing machines and dryers are located at the rear of Te Rito. They can be accessed 24/7 and cost $3 per load. You need to provide your own washing powder.
Car parking is available at Te Ōhanga Village for $125 per semester. There are limited parks available. You can request a car park when you are confirming your Offer of Place.
Drinking in moderation is permitted from 7pm to 11pm, Thursday to Saturday in apartment living rooms, and in the Te Rito lounge.
Certain types of alcohol are not permitted, such as spirits and hard liquors, or alcohol in large quantities such as beer kegs, crates or casks of wine.
The pricing for Matipo, Titoki and Tānekaha apartments is given in the following table.
|Room size||Week||Full year||Semester One||Semester Two|
Room rates include:
- water and power usage.
You can pay by semester or full year. Domestic students are also able to pay on a weekly basis by direct debit.
After you have applied for accommodation and your application has been successful, you will need to pay a deposit to secure your place.
The deposit is $670 for a full year or $630 for one semester and includes an administration fee, a refundable bond and an activity fee.
Cancellations must be received by 20 January to secure a refund of the bond and activity fee. The administration fee is non-refundable.
2021 occupancy dates
Your accommodation contract term must reflect your study programme – if your programme of study is full year you must apply for full year accommodation.
The following table gives the contracted term dates when you will be living at Te Ōhanga Village.
|Term||Duration||Start date||End date|
|Full year||40 weeks||16 February 2021||23 November 2021|
|Semester One||19 weeks||16 February 2021||29 June 2021|
|Semester Two||20 weeks||6 July 2021||23 November 2021|
Te Ōhanga Village is the only student accommodation in New Zealand to have a Qualmark five-star rating, with gold status for sustainability. Qualmark is New Zealand Tourism’s official mark of quality.
The accommodation handbook has detailed information on living in Te Ōhanga Village accommodation.
Massey University East Precinct Albany Expressway, SH17, Albany, Auckland 0632, New Zealand
Take a virtual tour
Auckland apartment virtual tour
Contact the office
Auckland accommodation office
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
+64 27 222 8242 (calls staff member on duty)
The Auckland accommodation office is located on level 2 of Student Central.
Student Accommodation Auckland
Private Bag 102904
Apply now for accommodation at Massey.