Cost$16,440 per year$16,440per year
FurnitureFully furnishedFully furnished
Ideal for17-23 year olds17-23year olds
CateringTwo meals per dayTwo meals per day
Walking time0 minutes to campus0 minutesto campus
Couldn’t find what you need? The Accommodation Team can help.Accommodation office contacts
The hall is centrally located in a park-like setting within Massey’s Manawatū campus, close to student facilities and the bus stop to Palmerston North.
- Spacious, fully furnished single rooms in a modern living environment for 66 students aged 17 to 23 years.
- Shared gender neutral bathrooms on each floor, two kitchens, laundry, and a large common space with TV, recreational activities and computer lab.
- Two meal plan catering - lunch and dinner on weekdays, and brunch and dinner on weekends.
- Wifi in all rooms and common areas.
- Close to all student facilities including lecture theatres, the library and the dining hall, and the Colombo Road public bus stop to the city.
- Separate dwelling available for accessibility.
Rooms and furniture
All bedrooms in Colombo Hall are fully-furnished large single private rooms. Each has a window that can be opened, and a secure lockable door.
Each room includes:
- a king single bed and mattress
- desk, chair and desk lamp
- shelf, mirror and rubbish bin
- carpet and curtains
Items you should bring
Along with clothing and personal items, you should also bring:
- dinner plate, side plate and cereal bowl
- coffee mug and water tumbler
- knife, fork, spoon and teaspoon
- toiletries and toiletry bag
- your own bedding and towel (international students will receive a room pack with bedding, towels and a few utensils which is included in the deposit for international students only).
- coat hangers
- laundry detergent
- 3M hooks/tape or white tac, if you wish to hang anything on your wall (no tape, nails, screws or blu tac allowed).
You may also choose to bring a small fridge, no larger than 45L, which must be put on a waterproof mat.
The hall has shared gender neutral bathrooms with showers, toilets and sinks on each floor. There is one bathroom for every four students. Bathrooms have shower cubicles with lockable doors.
Colombo Hall is catered. The meal plan offers you two meals daily - lunch and dinner Monday to Friday, and brunch and dinner at weekends. Brunch 10am – 1pm, lunch 11am – 1.30pm and dinner 5pm – 7.30pm.
Students use their student ID card to receive meals, which are served at the communal Student Centre Dining Hall on the main concourse, or can be taken away.
The dining hall offers a diverse range of food choices that change daily.
Our Food4Me App allows students to view the menu up to seven days in advance, see dietary and allergy information, make orders, leave feedback on meals and respond to polls.
Communal spaces and shared facilities
Colombo Hall has a common lounge with TV, couches, games and two kitchens.
Residents share a laundry with washing machines and dryers. These are free of charge to use - students supply their own detergent. Also shared is a computer lab with printers.
There is also plenty of communal outdoor space in a park-like setting.
Colombo Hall is alcohol-free. Students are not allowed to store or consume alcohol in this hall but may drink in moderation within designated areas external to the hall on set days and times.
The pricing for Colombo Hall is as follows:
|Week||Full year||Semester One||Semester Two|
Room rates include:
- two meals per day – lunch and dinner on weekdays, and brunch and dinner on weekends
- laundry facilities
- electricity (residents who use more than a reasonable amount of electricity will be charged extra).
All students can prepay by semester or full year. Domestic students are also able to pay by direct debit on a weekly basis.
To secure your accommodation, you will need to pay a deposit by the date stated in your letter of offer.
Deposit break down of the accommodation at the Manawatū campus
|Deposit break down||Full year||One semester|
Bond (refundable when contract
Room pack (international
Domestic $1070, International
Domestic $830, International
Withdrawals must be received by 23 January 2023 to secure a refund of fees – the processing fee is non-refundable.
2023 occupancy dates
These are the contract dates that payment is required for.
|Term||Start date||End date||Duration|
|Full Year||Sunday 19 February 2023||Sunday 26 November 2023||40 Weeks|
|Semester 1 Only||Sunday 19 February 2023||Sunday 2 July 2023||19 Weeks|
|Semester 2 Only||Sunday 9 July 2023||Sunday 26 November 2023||20 Weeks|
Your accommodation contract term must reflect your study programme – if your programme of study is full year you must apply for full year accommodation.
Colombo Hall, Manawatu-Wanganui 4410, New Zealand
Manawatū accommodation office
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Office phone
- After-hours only
+64 27 246 2316 (calls Residential Assistant on duty)
The Manawatū (Palmerston North) accommodation office is located on the corner of University Avenue and Rehab Road.
Student Accommodation Manawatū
Private Bag 11222
Palmerston North 4442
Apply now for accommodation at Massey.