Contact and hours
Equine Veterinary Clinic
What we do
Our expert veterinarians work alongside Massey students to offer a broad range of equine services. From routine healthcare such as vaccinations to high-tech diagnostic procedures such as CT scans.
We’re also subsidised to teach our students dentistry and castration, so these procedures can be very affordable. Ask us what you might be eligible for.
Surgery and therapeutic
Our surgery and therapeutic services include:
- lameness investigation and treatment
- orthopaedic surgery – arthroscopy, fracture repairs
- soft tissue surgery – colic, tie backs, cryptorchids
- laser surgery
- skin masses (sarcoid)
- Stem cell therapy
- IRAP anti-inflammatory treatment for injuries
- PRP (platelet rich plasma) treatment for injuries
- shockwave treatment
- standing and dynamic endoscopy to investigate poor performance and upper airway issues
- wound assessment and treatment.
- microchip implants
- weight and nutritional management
- dental care
- faecal egg counts
- Critical care (24/7)
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Respiratory diseases
- Endocrine diseases
- Urinary diseases
- Liver diseases
Open castrations are performed by final-year vet students under supervision of a surgeon.
Our new CT (computerised tomography) scan machine allows us to continue to offer a world-class diagnostic service to our clients for limbs and heads. We also offer:
Emergencies and after hours service
We offer 24/7 emergency service by appointment.
Teaching is at the heart of what we do. Final-year veterinary students examine patients, discuss solutions with clients, and work with clinicians to resolve challenging cases.
By using our services, you are giving Massey students hands-on opportunities to learn.
Our team at work
Who we are
Our equine clinicians are supported by:
- clinical pathologists
- diagnostic imaging specialists
Massey Equine Veterinary Clinic
Palmerston North 4474
By studying veterinary science at Massey University, you’ll join a world-leading veterinary qualification that will qualify you to work as a veterinarian in many different areas.
Read profiles of some of our veterinary science graduates.