Terms and conditions
1. Terms of Delivery
- Massey will deliver the course to any enrolled participants as set out in promotional material.
- Participants will not be awarded any Massey qualifications because of their participation in the course but may receive certificates of attendance or completion.
- If the course has a micro-credential component to it, the results will appear in the participant’s student record.
2. Course fees and acceptance
By registering for the course the participant accepts all course fees as set out on the course registration web page and agrees to the Student Contract and Code of Student Conduct.
3. Payments, withdrawals and refunds
- Participants must read the Refund and Cancellation Policy prior to enrolling in the course.
- All fees must be paid prior to the commencement of the course, otherwise participants may be declined access to it.
- Any refunds of the fees will be made in accordance with the Refund and Cancellation Policy.
4. Codes of practice
View information about the code of practice for the pastoral care of students.
5. Intellectual property
All intellectual property developed by or licensed to Massey in the course, including all improvements to such, remain with Massey.
When obtaining personal information Massey will explain clearly in advance to the participants the intended use of this information, and will limit personal information collection to the minimum required. Massey will not reveal this information to third-parties or use this information for purposes other than those initially intended without the participants’ express permission. For further information see privacy at Massey University.
7. Force majeure
Massey will not be responsible for any failure or delay in complying with the course where such failure or delay results from events beyond their reasonable control. Massey will use their best endeavours to resume delivery as soon as they reasonably can after the force majeure event ceases.
8. Other references
Refund and Cancellation Policy
- Massey University reserves the right to cancel any short course. In the case of cancellation, any short course fees already received will be fully refunded. Any cancellation would be advised to the participants within 5 working days of the course commencement date.
- If the participant wishes to cancel or withdraw from the course, then they must advise Massey in writing (via email). If notice of withdrawal is received by Massey more than 5 working days before the course close-off date, participants will receive a 100% refund.
- Withdrawals after the course close-off date will be charged 50% of the full course fee. Substitute or replacement participants will be welcome to attend if advised to Massey prior to course commencement. Non-attendance of participants on the course date will mean there is no refund of the full course fee. These cancellation fees are non-transferrable.
- Refunds may be paid in exceptional circumstances outside of these refund conditions. Responsibility for authorising refunds for any short course is delegated by the University Provost to the Director of the Centre for Professional and Continuing Education. Appeals related to fee refunds should be sent to the Director in writing (via email).