Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
- About Massey University
- University Council and Management
- 2022 Calendar
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- History of Massey University
- Emergency management
- Massey University Strategy
- Becoming Tiriti-led
- Plans and reports
- Policies, procedures and guidelines
- Public clinics and services
- Work-integrated learning
- Social media
- Why Massey?
Our social media channels are places where our communities can engage with us about life at Massey University.
We have guidelines to ensure we foster healthy social communities. Please be respectful of others. We encourage constructive conversation but content must be appropriate and audience friendly.
Content posted by our community members does not reflect the view of Massey University, our employees or our affiliates. Links on our social media channels may go to third party websites and we are not responsible for the content on those sites.
We have the right to remove (without warning) any content posted to our social media channels which is:
- In violation of the platform’s terms and conditions
- In violation of any New Zealand legislation
- Containing harassment, bullying, violence, threats or intimidation
- Linking to essay writing services or other services encouraging academic misconduct
- Spam or similar messages posted by the same accounts multiple times
- In violation of someone’s privacy or the intellectual property right of another
- In violation of any copyright, image or trademark laws
- Fraudulent, deceptive or misleading (including content from fake profiles)
- Solicitation such as selling goods or services, advertising a business, or requesting community support without our endorsement E.g. "Sign my petition”, "Win a free iPad", “Like our Page” etc. This includes external surveys and petitions
- Otherwise offensive or inappropriate
Offenders may be banned from contributing to our social media channels depending on the severity and impact of their content. We accept no liability for any loss arising out of or in connection with any such removal.
Academic freedom is a core value of Massey University. We actively promote and uphold the right of academics to offer informed views and opinions in their fields of expertise. In order to best represent our entire community and preserve this academic freedom, the University’s accounts will typically not take a position on academic discussions.
Social media competitions and giveaways
Find out more about the terms and conditions for our social media competitions and giveaways.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 02 June 2020