Inbound Student Exchange

Snorkling with dolphins on the South Island.jpg Massey University welcomes students from our partner universities to study on our student exchange programme. Exchange students pay tuition fees to their home university instead of paying Massey tuition fees. Exchange students can study at Massey for one or two semesters and then transfer credit for successful study back to their home university degree.

Your home university must have a current exchange agreement with Massey or be affiliated with Massey through a consortium in order for you to apply as an exchange student.  Check our list of current exchange partners if you are not sure whether your university has a partnership with Massey.

You are welcome to apply to study at Massey as a fee-paying Study Abroad student if your home university is not an exchange partner or if you cannot obtain an exchange spot because of the limited availability of placements.

Apply for an exchange place

You must be nominated by your home university as an exchange student in order to apply. Student exchange is a reciprocal programme.  The number of places available for each partner university is determined by the number of Massey students going on exchange to that university. Contact your home university's international office for more information about how to be considered for an exchange to Massey. 

You are welcome to apply to study on exchange once you have been nominated by your home university. The application process and entry requirements are the same for exchange and Study Abroad students.

Exchange students do not pay tuition fees to Massey.  You may be liable for campus-specific non-tuition fees depending on the terms of the agreement between Massey and your home university.  Exchange students are required to purchase appropriate medical and travel insurance.