Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
BackFinancial aid and insurance
- International at Massey University
- Study with Massey
- What can I study?
- Where can I study?
- Education agents
- Study abroad and student exchange
- International relations
- International Partners
- Frequently asked questions
- Contact us
- Support for international students
- Under 18 year old international students
Financial aid and insurance
Cost of study on campus at Massey
International students need to carefully consider and plan for the cost of studying at Massey University. Fees to study at Massey University include:
- Programme tuition fees - download our latest international prospectus which includes indicative fees for all our programmes
- Non-tuition fees - non-tuition fees are a compulsory fee payable by all students enrolled at Massey University and range from approximately NZD$660 - $820 per academic year (February to November). The exact amount charged is dependent on which Massey campus the student is enrolled at. Refer to the full breakdown of non-tuition fees for more details
- International student medical and travel insurance - international students are required by the NZ Ministry of Education to be covered by appropriate and current medical and travel insurance. The insurance must cover you for the duration of your planned period of study in New Zealand
- Additional fees - these fees can comprise of textbooks, supplies, estimated living expenses and other general cost. Find out more about costs in our frequently asked questions section
- Veterinary Science Students - please see an outline of the fees and cost of attendance for each study year:
BVSc Cost of Attendance - Year 1-5.pdf (69 KB)
Financial assistance and scholarships
A range of scholarships and financial assistance packages are available to international students studying at Massey University.
Medical and travel insurance
International students are required by the NZ Ministry of Education to be covered by appropriate and current medical and travel insurance. The insurance must cover you for the duration of your planned period of study in New Zealand.
Massey University has selected Studentsafe as the most comprehensive policy that meets the university's minimum insurance requirements.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Wednesday 13 January 2021
More about fees