Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
BackCommunity Health in Practice and Service
- Psychology services
- Auckland - Centre for Psychology
- Psychology Clinic Palmerston North
- Contact Us
Community Health in Practice and Service
Community Health in Practice and Service (CHiPS) is a research cluster that identifies community health needs through community service and practice.
CHiPS does applied research to evaluate programmes and solve health-based problems. This provides an evidence base that we use in our clinic. Our research informs our practice, and our practice with clients, health professionals and the community informs our research agenda.
Our research focuses on:
- Physical and mental health psychology practice (cancer, pre-diabetes, health conditions, alcohol and other drugs)
- Treatment outcome research (wellbeing group therapy, alcohol and other drugs group therapy)
- The efficacy of services (support groups research project, Army wellbeing course)
Find out more about CHiPS research projects.
We work with external agencies such as:
- Arohanui Hospice
- MidCentral District Health Board
- New Zealand Defence Force
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 16 August 2016