Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
BackHow to use Stream
- Guide to Stream
- Does my course use Stream?
- How to access Stream
- How to use Stream
- Frequently asked questions
- Requesting print resources
Using Adobe Connect for virtual classrooms
What is Adobe Connect?
Adobe Connect is one of Stream’s core electronic tools for delivering virtual classrooms.
How to use Adobe Connect as a participant
Prepare your computer or device for the meeting
For general computer use, please test your computer on the Adobe Connect Meeting test page.
For mobile device (smart phones or tablet) use, please install the Adobe Connect app from the App Store (for iOS) or Google Play (for Android).
Join a meeting
- Click on the web link to the Connect meeting room or type the web address directly into your web browser and press Enter on the keyboard (see Fig 1).
Fig 1 – Meeting room address
- Enter your Student ID number as “Login”, PIN as “Password” and click Enter Room. Some meeting rooms may allow you to “Enter as a Guest” if this is the case then type your name and enter the room (see Fig 2).
Fig 2 – Enter room button
Meeting room layout
Each Connect meeting room may be unique in appearance. The image below shows the typical layout for online tutorials.
A. Camera and Voice: The image of the meeting host.
B. Attendee List: Shows the name of meeting hosts and participants.
C. Chat: To send a message to everyone or start private chat if it is enabled by the meeting host.
D. Content: Main window for delivering the course content, can be PowerPoint slides, Screen sharing, a whiteboard, etc.
E. Speaker: Open the drop-down menu to adjust the volume or mute the speaker.
F. Status: Open the drop-down menu to change your status or provide prompt feedback, eg raise hand, agree, etc.
Please email feedback about this page to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page authorised by Director, National Centre for Teaching and Learning
Last updated on Thursday 12 March 2020