Graduation certificates , Ngā tiwhikete whakapōtaetanga

Find out when you will get your graduation certificate, and how to get them sent overseas or replaced. Graduation certificates used to be called graduation scrolls.

Close-up of a graduation certificate

When you get your graduation certificate

  • If you graduate at a graduation ceremony, you'll be presented with your graduation certificate during the ceremony.
  • If you graduate in absentia from a ceremony, your certificate will be posted to you after the graduation ceremony.
  • If you graduate via an Academic Board Meeting, your certificate will be posted to you after the meeting.

Sending graduation certificates overseas

Payment details

If your delivery address is overseas a courier fee for academic documents will apply.

Please complete the form to send graduation certificates overseas to ensure we have your correct address. Once this form has been submitted an invoice will be sent to your portal within 3 working days. Your certificate will not be sent until the courier fee has been paid. Certificates are sent via DHL.

Courier fee for academic documents

Form to send graduation certificates overseas

If you do not receive your graduation certificate you must notify us; a replacement fee may apply. Email:

Credit card payment

Once you have been invoiced you can pay by credit card online in the student portal (login required). We accept Visa or Mastercard.

Payment can be made any anytime by Internet banking/telegraphic transfer

Our bank account details are:

  • Bank name: BNZ
  • Account name: Massey University
  • Account number: 02-0630-0016592-004
  • Swift (routing) number: BKNZNZ22 (required for international payments only)
  • Particulars and reference: Name and student ID
  • Bank physical address: 42 Willis Street, Spark Central, Floor 2, Wellington, New Zealand

Replacement graduation certificates

If you require a replacement certificate you will need to fill out the following form.

Faxed or scanned application forms will not be accepted. Each request is individually considered.

The statutory declaration section of the application form must be completed for all applications where the original certificate cannot be returned.

Name change

If you're requesting a replacement certificate due to a name change, you must return your original certificate along with the completed application form and a verified copy of an identity document showing your new name (such as a marriage certificate or passport).

Related content

Ordering academic records & completion letters

How to order digital or hard copies of academic records and completion letters.

Close-up of a graduation certificate Close-up of a graduation certificate Close-up of a graduation certificate Close-up of a graduation certificate