Cost$15,873 per year$15,873per year
FurnitureFully furnishedFully furnished
Ideal for17–25 year olds17–25year olds
CateringTwo meals per dayTwo meals per day
Walking time0 minutes to campus0 minutesto campus
- Modern, comfortable, fully furnished single rooms, with 70 residents per hall (210 rooms in total).
- Pūkeko, Tui and Weka halls are suitable for students aged 17 to 25.
- Shared, private bathrooms and communal areas on each floor.
- Two meals per day included – lunch and dinner Monday to Friday, and brunch and dinner on weekends.
- Wifi included everywhere.
- Close to student facilities, including Student Central, the library, lecture theatres and REC centre, and buses to Auckland central city.
- Based in the Te Ōhanga Village, with facilities and common areas nearby in Te Rito hub, including music room, TV lounge, laundry, patio and games rooms.
- Accommodation is available for students with accessibility requirements.
Rooms and furniture
All bedrooms in Pūkeko, Tui and Weka halls are fully furnished, single rooms. Each has a window that can be opened, and a lockable door. Residents are responsible for cleaning their own rooms.
Each room includes:
- king single bed, mattress and mattress protector
- desk, chair and desk light
- shelf and pinboard
- wardrobe with mirror
- towel rail
- curtains and carpet
Items you should bring
Along with clothing and personal items, you should also bring:
- your own bedding and towels (or you can purchase a bedding pack: king single $155).
- coat hangers
- toiletries and toiletries bag
- laundry basket
- electric fan for cooling the unit
- 3M hooks/tape or white tac, if you wish to hang anything on your wall (no tape, nails, screws or blu tac allowed).
You may also choose to bring a small fridge, ideally 47L capacity, which must be put on a waterproof mat.
The halls have bathrooms with showers, toilets and sinks on each floor. There is one bathroom per three residents.
The halls are catered. The meal plan offers you two meals daily – lunch and dinner Monday to Friday, and brunch and dinner at weekends.
Our Food4Me App allows you to view the menu, make orders and leave feedback on meals.
The dining hall is at Student Central and offers a diverse range of food choices that change daily. Students use their student ID card to receive meals.
Communal spaces and facilities
Te Rito is the social and facilities hub used by all the residents in Te Ōhanga Village. It includes the reception, accommodation office, lounge with Smart TV, casual dining spaces, vending machines for snacks, music room, and games room with pool table, table tennis, foosball, dart board, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
There is also an outdoor patio area with bicycle rack, barbecues, seating, a basketball hoop and community garden.
Washing machines and dryers are located at the rear of Te Rito. They can be accessed 24/7 and cost $3 per load. You need to provide your own washing powder.
Car parking is available at Te Ōhanga Village for $125 per semester. There are limited parks available. You can request a car park when you are confirming your Offer of Place.
Drinking in moderation is permitted in the communal areas between 7pm to 11pm, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Drinking in bedrooms is not permitted.
Certain types of alcohol are not permitted, such as spirits and hard liquors, or alcohol in large quantities such as beer kegs.
The pricing for Pūkeko, Tui and Weka halls for 2023 is given in the following table. You can pay by semester or full year. Domestic students are also able to pay on a weekly basis.
*Pricing excludes deposit
Room rates include:
- two meals per day
- water and power usage.
You can pre-pay by semester or full year. Domestic students are also able to pay on a weekly basis by direct debit.
After you have applied for accommodation and your application has been successful, you will need to pay a deposit by the date stated in your offer letter to secure your place.
The deposit is $695 for a full year or $655 for one semester.
when contract ends)
Cancellations must be received by 23 January 2023 to secure a refund of the bond, mattress protector and activity fee. The processing fee is non-refundable.
2023 occupancy dates
Your accommodation contract term must reflect your study programme – if your programme of study is full year you must apply for full year accommodation.
The following table gives the contracted term dates when you will be living at Te Ōhanga Village.
|Term||Start date||End date||Duration|
|Full Year||Sunday 19 February 2023||Sunday 19 November 2023||39 Weeks|
|Semester 1 Only||Sunday 19 February 2023||Sunday 2 July 2023||19 Weeks|
|Semester 2 Only||Sunday 9 July 2023||Sunday 19 November 2023||19 Weeks|
Massey University East Precinct Albany Expressway, SH17, Albany, Auckland 0632, New Zealand.
Take a virtual tour of the Auckland halls
Take a virtual tour of the Te Rito hub
Auckland accommodation office
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Office phone
- After-hours only
0800 72252269 (calls Residential Assistant on duty)
The Auckland accommodation office is located in the Te Rito Building, Te Ōhanga Village.
Massey Halls Auckland
Te Rito Building, Te Ōhanga Village
Albany Expressway SH17
Student Accommodation Auckland
Private Bag 102904
Apply now for accommodation at Massey.