Cost$424 per week$424per week
FurnitureFully furnishedFully furnished
Ideal for17–23 year olds17–23year olds
CateringTwo meals per dayTwo meals per day
Walking time2 minutes to campus centre2 minutesto campus centre
- Modern, comfortable, fully furnished single rooms, with 70 residents per hall (210 rooms in total).
- Pūkeko, Tui and Weka halls are suitable for new students aged 17–23.
- Shared, private bathrooms and communal areas on each floor.
- Two meals per day included – lunch and dinner Monday to Friday, and brunch and dinner on weekends.
- Wifi included everywhere.
- Close to student facilities, including Student Central, the library, lecture theatres and REC centre, and buses to Auckland central city.
- Based in the Te Ōhanga Village, with facilities and common areas nearby in Te Rito hub, including music room, TV lounge, laundry, patio, study and games rooms.
- Accommodation is available for students with accessibility requirements.
Rooms and furniture
All bedrooms in Pūkeko, Tui and Weka halls are fully furnished, single rooms. Each has a window that can be opened, and a lockable door. Residents are responsible for cleaning their own rooms.
Each room includes:
- king single bed, mattress and mattress protector
- desk, chair and desk light
- shelf and pinboard
- wardrobe with mirror
- towel rail
- curtains and carpet
Items you should bring
Along with clothing and personal items, you should also bring:
- your own bedding and towels (or you can buy a bedding and towel pack for $125)
- toiletries bag to take to and from the shared bathrooms
- coat hangers
- electric fan for cooling your room
- 3M hooks/tape or white tac, if you wish to hang anything on your wall (no tape, nails, screws or blu tac allowed).
You may also choose to bring a small fridge, no larger than 45 litre capacity, which must be put on a waterproof mat.
The halls have bathrooms with showers, toilets and sinks on each floor. There is one bathroom per three residents.
The halls are catered. The meal plan offers you two meals daily – lunch and dinner Monday to Friday, and brunch and dinner at weekends.
Our Food4Me App allows you to view the menu, make orders and leave feedback on meals.
The dining hall is at Student Central and offers a diverse range of food choices that change daily. Students use their student ID card to receive meals.
Communal spaces and facilities
Te Rito is the social and facilities hub used by all the residents in Te Ōhanga Village. It includes the reception, a study room, lounge with Smart TV, casual dining spaces, vending machines for snacks, music room, and games room with pool table, table tennis, foosball, dart board, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
There is also an outdoor patio area with bicycle rack, barbecues, seating, a basketball hoop and community garden.
Washing machines and dryers are located at the rear of Te Rito. They can be accessed 24/7 and cost $3 per load. You need to provide your own washing powder.
Car parking is available at Te Ōhanga Village for $125 per semester. There are limited parks available. You can request a car park when you are confirming your Offer of Place.
Drinking in moderation is permitted in the communal areas between 7pm to 11pm, Thursday to Saturday. Drinking in bedrooms is not permitted.
Certain types of alcohol are not permitted, such as spirits and hard liquors, or alcohol in large quantities such as beer kegs.
The pricing for Pūkeko, Tui and Weka halls for 2022 is given in the following table. You can pay by semester or full year. Domestic students are also able to pay on a weekly basis.
|Week||Full year||Semester One||Semester Two|
Room rates include:
- two meals per day
- water and power usage.
After you have applied for accommodation and your application has been successful, you will need to pay a deposit to secure your place.
The deposit is $670 for a full year or $630 for one semester and includes an administration fee, a refundable bond and an activity fee.
Cancellations must be received by 19 January 2022 to secure a refund of the bond and activity fee. The administration fee is non-refundable.
2022 occupancy dates
Your accommodation contract term must reflect your study programme – if your programme of study is full year you must apply for full year accommodation.
The following table gives the contracted term dates when you will be living at Te Ōhanga Village.
|Term||Duration||Start date||End date|
|Full year||40 weeks||15 February 2022||22 November 2022|
|Semester One||19 weeks||15 February 2022||28 June 2022|
|Semester Two||20 weeks||5 July 2022||22 November 2022|
Te Ōhanga Village is the only student accommodation in New Zealand to have a Qualmark five-star rating, with gold status for sustainability. Qualmark is New Zealand Tourism’s official mark of quality.
The accommodation handbook has detailed information on living in Te Ōhanga Village accommodation.
Massey University East Precinct Albany Expressway, SH17, Albany, Auckland 0632, New Zealand.
Take a virtual tour
Take a virtual tour of the Auckland halls.
Contact the office
Auckland accommodation office
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
+64 27 222 8242 (calls staff member on duty)
The Auckland accommodation office is located on level 2 of Student Central.
Student Accommodation Auckland
Private Bag 102904
Apply now for accommodation at Massey.