Kia Mārama: Māori @ Massey 2020 Strategy
The Kia Mārama: Māori @ Massey 2020 Strategy describes how Massey University will contribute to Māori development.
It builds on the strong foundations laid in the first decade of Maori @ Massey, and aligns with the wider Massey University strategy, the Ministry of Education's Tertiary Education Strategy and broad priorities for Māori development.
It centres on three themes:
- He ara mātauranga: forging academic pathways.
- He waka mātauranga: building catalysts for learning and scholarship.
- He puna mātauranga: generating new knowledge relevant to Māori development.
Under each of these themes, the Strategy describes key initiatives for Māori development. It concludes by laying out our targets for 2020 and defining how we will measure success.
Matua Reo Kaupapa: Māori Language Policy
Massey's Māori Language Policy provides a framework for increased Māori language use at the University.
It lays out our policy for the use, promotion and visibility of te reo Māori in six areas:
- Te reo Māori in University teaching and research.
- The Māori Language Advisory Group.
- Te reo Māori in University branding, communications and occasions, and the names and titles of staff positions, facilities and structures.
- Staff fluency in te reo Māori.
- Ensuring the high quality of te reo Māori at Massey.
- Massey University's participation in national forums relating to te reo Māori.