On this page
We know from our work with employers and organisations across New Zealand that Massey students are valued in the workplace. When you hire Massey students or graduates, you gain team members who:
- are creative, innovative and enthusiastic
- will bring fresh ideas and perspective to your team
- have skills and ideas that can help your business grow.
We work with employers to help them raise their profile at Massey, and connect with the best of our student talent.
Advertising jobs to Massey students and graduates
Employers interested in hiring Massey students can advertise jobs through our online vacancies board, MyHub. Our listings include full-time and part-time roles, and include:
- graduate programmes and one-off graduate roles
- holiday jobs
- volunteer work.
All Massey students have access to MyHub, and we offer the same access to our recent graduates.
We use the NZUniCareerHub portal to manage our job listings. It's a centralised system used by seven of the eight universities across New Zealand that lets employers:
- publish listings straight into any university's online vacancies board
- target jobs to students studying particular subjects or disciplines.
We recommend employers register with NZUniCareerHub to advertise jobs through Massey Career Centre.
We hold career events for our students throughout the year. Our events include:
- career talks
- drop-in sessions
- online seminars
- recruitment presentations.
Some events are tailored towards particular sectors – like our annual business and finance expo, for example. Others focus more on certain qualifications or roles, or on particular career skills.
We encourage employers to take part in these events. They're a great way to connect with our students and raise your organisation’s profile on campus. Recruitment presentations in particular are useful for giving students an insight into:
- the kind of work you have available
- the recruitment process
- how your selection process works
- what it’s like to work for your organisation.
We can host recruitment presentations on campus or online, depending on the students you want to engage with.
If an employer has Massey students or graduates working for them already, we recommend bringing them to events too. They can share their experience and help give students insight into the recruitment process.
To find out more about taking part in a careers event, or holding one yourself, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiring international students
Massey has a large community of international students who are keen to gain work experience while studying. Some students will also want to work in New Zealand after graduation.
We’ve contributed to a resource that:
- shows the value international students can bring to an organisation
- gives examples of how other employers are supporting international students into work.
Working with international students and graduates (PDF, 407KB)
Universities Careers and Employability New Zealand (UCENZ)
Massey Career Centre is a member of UCENZ, a network of career services professionals from universities around NZ. UCENZ promotes and supports career development for university students. It aims to ensure third-party providers, like employers:
- provide students with quality opportunities and services
- build good relationships with the universities they work with.
How UCENZ works with third-party providers (PDF, 185KB)