This page contains some of the most important rules you need to follow if you're sitting an exam at Massey. For a full list of rules, read our official exam regulations.
Massey's exam rules state:
- Candidates may not communicate with another person while their assessment is in process.
- All students must abide by the honesty declaration outlined in their assessment.
- Students must not communicate with teachers or course coordinators regarding any aspect of their assessment. Any communication required should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any candidate, who, because of illness, bereavement or critical personal circumstance at the time of the examination, wishes to apply for consideration of an Aegrotat or impaired performance, can do so by completing the prescribed application form on the Massey website, and taking such other steps as the regulations demand.
The letters next to your exam title on your timetable in the student portal will tell you what reference materials you're allowed to use.
- OB (open book): You can bring any written or printed materials into your exam. This includes books, articles and records.
- PR (permitted reference): You can bring specific reference materials into the exam. Contact Assessment Services if you're not sure what you're allowed to use.
Assessment services email: email@example.com
The letters next to your exam title on your timetable will tell you if you're allowed to use a calculator.
CP means calculators are allowed. You can use any type of calculator, including programmable ones.
Ask Assessment Services if you're not sure what's allowed in your exam.