Te Kunenga Ki Pūrehuroa – Massey University Strategy 2022–2027
Read the latest Massey University Strategy in either English or te reo Māori.
If you would like a printed copy, please email email@example.com
About the Massey University Strategy
Our unique position and reputation is based on:
- world-leading pure and applied research, conducted in partnership with industries and the communities we serve
- curious, world-ready graduates with entrepreneurial acumen and capability, who create jobs for others and are committed to making a better world
- a heritage of excellence, high quality and integrity, which ensures authentic leadership in contemporary Aotearoa New Zealand
- role-modelling excellent practice as a Tiriti o Waitangi-led institution
- a reputation for caring, and a commitment to our people and our places.
We are inspired by our name Te Kunenga Ki Pūrehuroa; from inception to infinity. Massey is not simply defined by what we do, but by how we do it:
"Ko Te Kunenga ki Pūrehuroa te kaupapa e tū ngātahi ai tātou hei waihanga i ngā momo mātauranga ki te pae o angitu. He ara putanga tauira, he ara e hua ai ngā tini kaupapa ki Aotearoa puta noa i te ao whānui. Kia toi te mana motuhake o te iwi Māori, kia toi te reo Māori, kia toi te ora o te tangata, te rangi me te whenua mā reira e whakatinana ai te mana o Te Tiriti o Waitangi."
"Te Kunenga ki Pūrehuroa is the foundation upon which we stand together in partnership enabling the creation of knowledge that reaches the highest possible levels of advancement and attainment. It provides a pathway for students to embark upon journeys of knowledge acquisition and embraces knowledge relevant to our country and to our wider world. We promote the determination of Māori-led aspirations, the active use of Te Reo Māori, the vitality and wellbeing of all people and our environment in order give full and authentic expression to the eminence of Te Tiriti o Waitangi."
These strategies support the overall Massey University Strategy.
Paerangi Learning and Teaching Strategy
Paerangi is Massey University’s learning and teaching strategy. Guided by the Massey University Strategy 2018–2022, this document sets out our values, approaches and practices towards learning and teaching.
Download and read our current Investment Plan Te Kunenga Ki Pūrehuroa 2022 to 2024.