The Wellington region is at Alert Level 2. Massey COVID-19 information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
- Help using the Massey University Calendar
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Degree of Bachelor of Creative Media Production
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Bachelor of Creative Media Production requires that the candidate will meet the University admission requirements as specified.
2. Candidates for the Degree of Bachelor of Creative Media Production shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling 360 credits, comprising:
(a) a minimum of 285 credits as specified in the Schedule to the Qualification; and
(b) up to 75 credits from any other courses offered by the University;
(c) a maximum of 150 credits at 100 level;
(d) at least 90 credits at 200 level;
(e) at least 105 credits at 300 level;
(f) a maximum of 30 credits from Special Topic courses.
3. The Bachelor of Creative Media Production is awarded without specialisation.
4. Candidates may include a minor from any other undergraduate degree within the University for which recognised minors are specified, in accordance with the requirements for the minor as specified in the regulations of the qualification from which the minor has been drawn.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes. Candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded an alternative qualification should they meet the relevant qualification requirements.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
8. All candidates enrolled before 01 January 2020 who have completed 154.101 Introduction to Media Studies are permitted to substitute the course for 289.100 Introduction to Creative Media Production.
10. All candidates enrolled prior to 01 January 2021 who have not successfully completed 289.220 will be required to complete 289.120 and the core course added to the schedule (133.257) which will be available from 2021.
11. The transitional arrangements in Regulations 8 – 10 expire on 31 December 2022.
Schedule for the Bachelor of Creative Media Production
Core courses (195 credits from)
289.100 Introduction to Creative Media Production 15 credits
289.205 Intermedia 15 credits
15 credits from
289.220 Working with Scripted Material 15 credits
Core course from 2021 (15 credits from)
133.257 Philosophical Perspectives on Creative Practice 15 credits
Compulsory course selection 100 level (60 credits from)
289.101 Introduction to Web Development 15 credits
289.102 Visualisation for Media Production 15 credits
289.103 Introduction to Computer Animation 15 credits
289.104 Introduction to Visual Effects 15 credits
289.105 Introduction to Digital Video Production 15 credits
289.106 Introduction to Game Technologies and Mechanics 15 credits
289.107 Introduction to Audio Production and Sound Design 15 credits
289.108 Introduction to Animatronics and Modelling 15 credits
289.110 Introduction to Time-based Editing 15 credits
289.111 Introduction to 3D Modelling and Texturing 15 credits
289.112 Introduction to Scripted Film and Video Production 15 credits
289.113 Introduction to Prototyping for Creative Technologies 15 credits
289.114 Intro to Programming for Interactive Projects 15 credits
289.115 Introduction to Producing and Directing 15 credits
Compulsory course selection 200 level (15 credits from)
Compulsory course selection 300 level (15 credits from)
289.190 Creative Media Production Special Topic 1a 15 credits
289.191 Creative Media Production Special Topic 1b 15 credits
289.192 Creative Media Production Special Topic 1c 15 credits
289.202 Media Innovation and Creativity 15 credits
289.290 Creative Media Production Special Topic 2a 15 credits
P Appraisal Required
289.291 Creative Media Production Special Topic 2b 15 credits
P Appraisal Required
289.390 Creative Media Production Special Topic 3a 15 credits
P Appraisal Required
Up to 75 credits from any other courses in the University.
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 01 October 2020