Our academic advice team are all professional staff members here at Massey. We can help you plan your qualification and can answer questions about enrolling into your courses. We also offer guidance to help you stay on track.
Advice we offer
We can help with:
- understanding qualification options and entry requirements for courses
- choosing your qualification and enrolling into your courses
- changing your courses or withdrawing from your qualification
- creating a balanced workload and progress with your study
- connecting with other student support services
- transferring credits from past study to your study at Massey
- preparing for graduation and employment.
About Academic Advisers
Academic advisers work in collaboration with other university advisers, marketers, student information and customer service professionals.
Members of the Academic Advice team are all registered with NACADA (National Academic Advising Association). We share the core values of the NACADA global community of academic advising, which are: respect, professionalism, exclusivity, empowerment, integrity, commitment and caring.
Meet with an adviser
To meet with an academic adviser, find the person who advises on your area of study or qualification and make an appointment.
Book through MyHub
Check times available and make an appointment through MyHub. You will need to know what College your study is part of.
Contact us directly
You can make an appointment or ask a question by contacting us.
Preparing for your meeting
To make the most of your time with an adviser, we suggest you:
- write down any questions you have so you don't forget them
- bring important documents with you, such as academic transcripts or personal identification (ID) information.
Attend a drop-in session
You can come to one of our academic advice drop-in sessions without making an appointment first.
Drop-in sessions are held at the start of Semester One and Semester Two (February and July) each year.
The next sessions will be every weekday from Tuesday 12 July to Friday 22 July 2022.
Time: 9am to 12.30pm
Note: MyVaccinePasses are required and must be available upon request. COVID-19 Protection Framework (traffic lights) restrictions will apply.
If you need to see an adviser outside of these times, you can make an appointment.
Drop-in session locations
Campus Information Services Quad Building A, Level 1
East Precinct, Gate 1
Albany Expressway (State Highway 17)
Manawatū Campus in Palmerston North
Campus Information Services
Level 2, Registry Building, Turitea
Campus Information Services
The Pyramid, Block 4
To find your nearest drop-in session location, check out the campus guides and maps
Download the Massey Uni app
Find out more about campus events, support services and campus maps with the Massey Uni app.
Contact us to make an appointment with an Academic Adviser.