Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
Geology Field Camp New Zealand
Due to travel restrictions imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Geology Field Trip is not currently available
Next Field Trip
International Field Course on "Understanding the subduction factory from the Gondwana plate margin evolution to the development of Zealandia"
ESCAPE THE WINTER FOR A SOUTH PACIFIC SUMMER GEOLOGICAL AND TRAVEL experience ON AN ACTIVE PLATE BOUNDARY.
Geology Field Camp Syllabus (187 KB)
Download the syllabus
Dates to be advised
Arrive in Wellington
Departure from Wellington (or Palmerston North)
- Geological mapping/structural geology
- Metamorphic geology
- Igneous geology
- Glacial and tectonic geomorphology
- Siliciclastic to carbonate sedimentology and facies analysis
- Quaternary tectonics and sel level changes
- Extensive travel though prome locations in North and South Island
- Understanding geoheritage and geoconservation.
(6 credits USA). Also available as a personal interest course (no credits)
How to Apply
Download the following application forms for the 2019 field camp: Geology Fieldcamp Form 2019 (81 KB)
- Complete and send your Geology Field Camp form by email to Dr. Karoly Nemeth.
- Copies of your academic transcripts should also be sent by email as soon as possible. Your application will be acknowledged and additional details will be sent to you within 24 hours together with answers to any questions you may have included in your email.
- Cost NZ $12,310.40
Also complete the Massey University International Application Form and send to Massey University (at the address on the last page of the application form) together with the following:
- A notarized copy of your passport or birth certificate
- Original sealed transcript to be sent directly by your university to the International Office at Massey University as soon as possible.
Download the Poster here NZ Geol Camp Poster 2019 A3.pdf (253 KB)
Dr Karoly Nemeth
Volcanic Risk Solutions
Take a look at the amazing landscapes and locations you could visit during Massey's Geology Field Camp.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Wednesday 29 April 2020
Explore the active volcanoes of the Central North
island in New Zealand, and learn how a volcanic arc evolved and how the people lived with their volcanoes
Learn complex structural geology in a beautiful environment.
See the land evolve front of you in amazing colour.
Enjoy real geological mapping in an area where you can see small and large scale structural elements.