Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
BackEnrolment at Massey University
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
Certificate of Proficiency Regulations
1. An applicant who intends to register for tuition without fulfilling the requirements of a full programme leading to a Massey University qualification may be permitted to enrol for no more than 30 credits per year on a Certificate of Proficiency basis, unless applicants are International students attending the University under a Study Abroad or Student Exchange agreement in which case a higher workload may be required.
2. Notwithstanding Regulation 1, and with the permission of the Academic Board or its delegate, candidates may study 45 or 60 credits per year on a Certificate of Proficiency basis as long as the programme of study for that year, or in total, is not substantially similar to an existing qualification on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework, or has outcomes which are more suited to being listed as an existing qualification on the NewZealand Qualifications Framework.
3. Except as permitted by the Enrolment of School Students regulation, applicants are required to satisfy Regulation 1 of the Matriculation Regulations.
4. Applicants for a Certificate of Proficiency shall pay fees, complete compulsory requirements and give notice of their intention to enter for examinations, where appropriate, as if they were proceeding to a degree, diploma or certificate. The Enrolment and Examination Regulations shall apply to such candidates.
Approval of Course
5. The personal course of study of every applicant for a Certificate of Proficiency shall require the approval of the Academic Board. Normally approval is exercised as part of the enrolment process.
Status of Certificate of Proficiency Pass
6. A student who has passed in a course for a Certificate of Proficiency may at a later date have the course credited towards a degree or diploma provided that the necessary conditions for the course as a part of the degree or diploma were fulfilled at the time when the course was passed for a Certificate of Proficiency.
Aligned Resource Management
In keeping with principles of sound management, Massey University wishes to ensure that it can adequately resource the programmes of study it offers. Accordingly, the University reserves the right under Section 255 (4) (a) of the Education and Training Act 2020 to control the number of enrolments it will accept in any programme.
The number of places to be funded in any programme and the criteria for student selection will be available on application from Student Administration prior to each enrolment period. Every endeavour will be made to meet the academic needs of students where this does not prejudice the proper presentation or the academic standing of a programme.
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Monday 20 September 2021