- School of Psychology
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Postgraduate psychology programmes
- Postgraduate courses
- Postgraduate emergency management programmes
- Application process
- Thesis research resources
- Frequently asked questions
- Psychology services
- Contact us
How to apply for Clinical Psychology Training
Applications for this programme close in early October.
Complete the online application for selection into this programme using the "Apply now!" button available on the University’s planning page for either the Doctor of Clinical Psychology or the Master of Clinical Psychology.
As part of this process you will need to provide:
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- Passport sized photo
- A brief (up to 500 words) personal statement
- Verified academic transcripts
- The name, occupation and email address of two referees. ( Referees will be automatically contacted to supply a confidential reference. Your references MUST be received by 1 September.)
- Optional supporting statements of support from whānau / family
NB. - Although access to specified fields of the application is restricted to a small number of Massey administrative staff, if you need to include any sensitive information in your personal statement, you may send that directly to the School of Psychology's Academic Administrator whose postal address appears below.
Melanie Robertson (Secretary)
School of Psychology
Private Bag 11-222
Palmerston North 4442
Interviews with shortlisted applicants
Interviews with shortlisted applicants will take place at each of the campuses. Details regarding the interview process will be sent to shortlisted candidates before the interview. Please note that on the application form there is an option to state your preferred campus for study and we have an expectation that students are interviewed on the campus that they intend to study at.
Application dates and deadlines
Application dates for specific professional programmes normally close in early September each year. Other postgraduate enrolment deadlines are governed by the Massey University enrolment systems.
- 1 September 2021 Application closing date
- Early October 2021 Letters of interview or non-acceptance sent to applicants by this date
- 18-19 October 2021 Selection interviews in Albany, Auckland
- 13-14 October 2021 Selection interviews in Palmerston North
- 11-12 October 2021 Selection interviews in Wellington
Restricted entry to courses
The clinical courses have restricted numbers, and students selected for the Clinical Training Programme will have places reserved in these courses. Students not selected for the Clinical Training Programme may apply for clinical courses until 5pm on 6 January 2022. On 11 January the school will consider all applicants for restricted courses. The Head of School will approve enrolments to a maximum of 30 students per course.
You will then be advised of the outcome of your enrolment in restricted courses. If you are unsuccessful in obtaining a place in the clinical courses, you will be advised of the timeframe you have to enrol for replacement postgraduate psychology courses.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 01 June 2021