The purpose of the grant is to provide financial assistance to full time postgraduate research students who require a short term (up to 6 months) period of study or research overseas in any of the following categories:
- Seminars, workshops or courses
- Conferences, if attendee is presenting a paper
- Cooperative research with researchers abroad
- Research or fieldwork at facilities not available in New Zealand (e.g., research institutes, libraries etc.)
What you'll be studying
This is a postgraduate grant. You will be enrolled in a Postgraduate Diploma or Master's Degree at Massey University (doctoral students are not eligible for this grant).
Applicants must be:
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents
- enrolled full-time or part-time at Massey University in a postgraduate programme (doctoral students are not eligible for this grant)
Include the following with your application:
- a research outline, including milestones and timeframes to completion (if applicable)
- a statement outlining the benefit of your overseas travel to your postgraduate study and your ability to represent Massey University and New Zealand in a positive light.
- a supporting letter from your supervisor or academic staff member speaking to the intent and value of your travel.
- evidence that your travel is approved by the Pro-Vice Chancellor for international travel.
When selecting our recipients we will consider your academic merit, the strength of the proposed research (well-defined, achievable within the time stipulated, etc.) and the potential benefit of the proposed overseas travel to you.
Your ability to represent New Zealand and Massey University positively will also be taken into consideration.