On this page
We support students on campus or studying by distance who have a disability, impairment or health issue that impacts on their study or learning.
Impairments our students have include:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder, including Asperger Syndrome
- chronic medical conditions
- head injuries
- hearing impairment
- mental health
- physical or mobility impairments
- specific learning disabilities
- vision impairment.
How to get disability support
You can register to use our disability support services at any time by completing the registration form. Registration is only for domestic students with long-term conditions.
If you are a returning student, contact us before completing the registration process. You may not need to register again.
We are always happy to talk with students whether they have completed a registration or not. Contact us by phone or email to discuss your situation or to make an appointment.
Types of support you can access
Some of the more common needs we help with are:
- accessibility / getting around campus
- alternative formats
- accessing and participating in lectures, labs, studios, and contact courses
- accessing specialist equipment or assistive technology
- communicating with lecturers
- connecting with other university services
- meeting study demands and staying on track
- guidance on applying for alternative test and exam arrangements.
We strive to provide a flexible and responsive service that is focused on your individual needs. Contact us to discuss support options as soon as you are able to. Having conversations early gives us the chance to make sure supports are in place when your studies start.
Other services and supports
Other services and supports you can find at Massey include:
- disability provisions at the campus libraries
- mobility parking spaces near all major buildings on campus (some campus maps also show wheelchair access points to buildings)
- accessible student accommodation
- alternative examination arrangements
- scholarships and awards
- student advocates in the student associations
- health services
- counselling services
Contact Disability Services
Manawatū campus (Palmerston North) – Disability Services
Auckland campus – Disability Services
Wellington campus – Disability Services
Contact Disability Services at the Manawatū campus (Palmerston North).
Examination arrangements for students with impairments, injury or disability.
Massey has three campuses – Auckland, Wellington and Manawatū campus in Palmerston North.
Find services from the Library for people with temporary or permanent impairment.