Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.


Do I need to complete an Accommodation Application Form?

Yes, all students are required to complete an Accommodation Application Form or a Homestay Booking Form. The online Accommodation Application Form should be completed once you receive your Offer of Place from Massey University.


When do I apply for accommodation?

You should apply for accommodation as soon as you receive your Offer of Place. The sooner you complete the application form, the better your chance is of securing your preferred accommodation choice.

Students are guaranteed accommodation when they have confirmed their Offer of Place to study at Massey, applied for accommodation using the online form, and have paid the associated deposit to the Accommodation Office to confirm their room booking.

Back to top

Are blankets and linen provided by university accommodation?

Students are required to provide their own blankets, towels and pillows.

Linen such as sheets and pillowcases must be purchased by students living in university-managed accommodation at Auckland and Wellington campuses. Linen is supplied free of charge to students at the Palmerston North campus only.

The accommodation officer at your campus can advise you on purchasing bedding from recommended local stores. For students at the Palmerston North campus, a bedding package is available for purchase from the accommodation office. The pack includes a duvet, blanket and pillow.

Back to top

What is a deposit and what is a bond?

A deposit is the payment made to secure your room booking with the University. The deposit comprises of both refundable and non-refundable fees.

A bond is a refundable amount that may be fully refunded to you at the end of your housing contract, as long as there is no damage to your room or apartment.

Back to top

Am I able to live in off-campus accommodation?

Yes, all students can choose to live off-campus if they prefer. Find out more about alternative accommodation options at the Albany, Palmerston North (Manawatu), and Wellington campuses.

Back to top

What options are there for under 18 year old international students?

All international students under the age of 18 years must live in Massey-approved homestay, Massey approved designated caregiver accommodation or with their parents. Find out more.